Kybella®: Double-chin treatment in Biloxi, MS
Kybella is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.”
- Submental fullness due to submental fat, sometimes referred to as “double chin” or “turkey neck”. This is a common yet undertreated facial aesthetic condition.
- KYBELLA (deoxycholic acid) injection, also known as ATX-101, is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- Treatment with KYBELLA is customized by the physician to the patient’s aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile.
- KYBELLA is administered by injections into the fat under the chin. Each in-office treatment session is typically 15-20 minutes.
- KYBELLA treatment resulted in high patient satisfaction.
How many injections/treatments does a patient need?
- The number of injections and the number of treatments should be tailored to the individual patient’s submental fat distribution and treatment goals.
- Many patients experienced visible results in two to four treatments. Up to six treatments may be administered.
How safe is KYBELLA™?
- The safety profile of KYBELLA™ is well characterized. Side effects may include swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness or formation of small areas of firmness. Side effects with KYBELLA™ infrequently resulted in discontinuation from study (1.6% of participants).